Thursday, May 24, 2012

24 May Crossed the River PO

Popies near the PO river at Cremona

It's the first time since I left the lago Transimeno on 1 May that I have Internet access. But thanks to my daughter EVA updates could have been posted from time to time. Tell you what happend with the route. After the passo di Collinia the GEA route goes higher in the mountains and as refuges and hotels on the passed are still closed it became difficult to continue on this route, therfore I decided to shift 27 km to the west and follow the valley of Garfagnana which is less demanding. This valley separates the Alpi Alpuani at the coast from the Appenies. This allowed me also with some extra km's to get back on the original schedulue recovering the days I lost in April. In Pontremoli I joined the via Francigena with some good facilities and also the occasion to meet some people on their own camino. Yesterday I left this route and today I crossed the River PO, who bring the waters from the Alps and the Appenines to the Adriatic sea. In 3 days I hope to arrive at Bergamo where I can start wih the Alps.

No comments:

Post a Comment